오타와가 홍수로 위험에 처해 있다.
오타와 강이 범람하면서 수위가 해발 113m를 넘어선 것으로 전해졌다. 지난 주 목요일과 금요일에 내린 비로 인해 수위가 점점 상승해 해당 지역에는 비상사태가 선포되고 캐나다 군이 투입되 홍수 방어에 힘을 보태는 것으로 알려졌다.
이미 지역에 따라 수십 채의 가옥이 침수 피해를 입은 상태로 피해는 점점 늘어날 전망이다.
오타와시는 시의 누리집에 지난 4월 25일부터 비상상황에 돌입해 홍수상황을 공지하고 있다.
- The City has been in a state of Emergency since April 25 and is receiving assistance from the Province of Ontario and the Canadian Armed Forces.
- The Constance and Buckham’s Bay Community Centre at 262 Len Purcell Lane is open. Affected residents are welcome to charge their phones, and have access to the showers, washrooms and snacks.
- Please keep sandbag walls intact until City Officials announce it is safe to remove them.
- Drinking water supplied by the City of Ottawa remains safe for residents.
- The City of Ottawa will host four community information sessions for residents affected by flooding. These sessions will provide information to help affected residents recover from the flood, including how to safely return home, remove waste and debris, and apply for financial assistance.
- Regular garbage collection services continue in accordance with the normal collection schedule in areas affected by flooding. If a road is closed, place garbage and recycling just outside the road closure area, on the side of the road not blocking the barricades, if it is safe to do so.
- We have sufficient volunteers for today. Rest up for recovery and stay tuned for volunteer requirements needed in the future.
- Residents who need help on their properties may be able to access support.
- Communication is key during a flood emergency. The City is communicating with affected communities through the Spring Flood 2019 / Crue printanière 2019(link is external) Facebook group and various other ways.
- The City implemented a door-to-door voluntary evacuation plan for 600 to 956 Bayview Drive in Constance Bay.
- People are advised to stay away from flooded areas to not impede flood response operations.
- People are advised to stay off the Ottawa River in and around the areas impacted by the recent floods.
- Residents who need help on their properties are encouraged to visit the community support centre or fill out a work order online (link is external)for Rubicon